Friday, November 2, 2012

New Year, New Ideas

As I near close to my mid-life crisis, I realize that interning is not enough. I would like to leave a bigger smudge on this great big ball of dirt, and water (mud?).

 This year I've Stage Managed some wonderful productions, and yet I still feel the need to be a part of something bigger. Something that would (ideally) last forever... or maybe just a very long time.

My best friend's despair and disappointment at his current stage in life seemed to be the solution ( just stay with me). The solution is that we are (drum roll) forming a production company! Oh of course this sounds fun and great in theory, and in a perfect world start-up capital would grow on trees. But, hey, why not? the worst we can do is fail.

In short, I guess this entry is the beginning of journey down a different road in the same jungle. Instead of cutting through as an intern, I'll be leading the expedition crew. We may strike gold, or we may all end up with Montezuma's revenge. I honestly don't know, but I'm super excited, and am already up to my eyeballs with grant applications. In short, I hope you (whoever you are) will embark with me on this journey once again into the  world of theatre (and film!).

                                                                               -Chris Exavier

No comments:

Post a Comment